Hand stitched Red Japanese Shell Cordovan Zipper Carrying Case
Handcrafted Japanese shell cordovan zipper case lined in black Italian vegetable tanned leather. Fully handstitched with hand-waxed red thread and opens with a matching red YKK Excella brass zipper. The interior is stamped with Province, Country and name of the workshop. Along the spine is a blind stamped logo for a subtle branding. The interior was designed with two slip pockets to carry a hand full of slim pens or to be repurposed as a zipper wallet for passport carry, bills and other items. The Japanese shell cordovan used here has an aniline finish for a long lasting color and surface.
The client was an advocate for pens and wanted to keep them safe with an equally beautiful leather case.
- Dimensions (closed): 16.5cm x 9.5cm x 2cm (6.5” x 3.75” x 0.80”)
- Two large slip pockets.
- Shell cordovan puller for the zipper slider.
- Fully handstitched with burnished edges.
- Red Shinki Shell Cordovan tanned in Japan.
- Black Buttero from Conceria Walpier, tanned in Tuscany, Italy.
- Red #5 YKK Excella zipper with brass teeth.
- Hand-waxed red polyester thread.
- Tokonole burnishing agent.
- Water based glue.
- Paraffin wax.